If you work in the construction industry, you will be aware of the potential dangers of your profession. There are many regulations in place when it comes to the safety of construction sites. However, accidents still occasionally occur.

If you have been injured on a construction site as a worker in the state of California, you may be curious about the rights you have to compensation. It is possible that you have suffered financially as well as physically as a result of your accident. Therefore, it is important that you exercise your legal rights to financial support.

What rights do I have to compensation as an injured construction worker?

In the state of California, the vast majority of employers are required by law to carry workers’ compensation insurance. This means that whenever an employee is injured and suffers financially as a result, they will be entitled to compensation regardless of the cause of the accident. Usually, the injured employee will be able to seek compensation for medical bills and lost wages.

What can I do if I can no longer work because I became disabled as a result of the injury?

In most cases, workers’ compensation helps those who are unable to work in the short-term while they recover. But there are benefits available to workers who become disabled through different schemes. If you become permanently disabled, it is important that you look into these benefits.

How do I start the process of gaining workers’ compensation?

You must first notify your employer of your injury, and they have the duty to provide you with the relevant claim forms. You should make sure to assert your rights at all times.